Phew!
A big part of how I spend my time when I’m not working is spent sorting things out (that and finding amazing ways to waste time). Right now I find myself ‘in-between’ gigs, which is a little worrisome although something is due to, come up in a week.
So, we have this great weather and I manage to find wonderful ways to idle away the day.
Monday, it was digging up an old stump and then filling in the resulting hole. Also, I was in the process of digging up some space curbside and then putting down stone. Some things I manage to do better than I did years ago, some things I don’t do as well.
Now, when I work, I’m much better about putting things back in their proper place. It’s mainly because I’m spending so much time cleaning up the thought of making more of a mess is anathema. I’m much worse at spending prolonged periods working. What I do now, I go out and work for a while, take a break. Go out and work some more, take a break. Go and keep plugging away, take a break.
Today, I put down the stone after finishing digging up the space along the curb and laying down the weed block. I know, I’m mister excitement. Still, I moved about 500 lbs. of stone over to the area and put it in and it still wasn’t enough. So, sometime over the next few days I have to go back and get more stone.
I also managed to cut up a branch the other day that had come down awhile back during a bad storm. I chopped it up into manageable small pieces that the wonderful garbage men would take away. Considering the branch in question would take three men to lift, I figure it was a good days work.
Thing is, I like doing this kind of stuff... a lot.
Little by little I start to see areas clear up and I start to see projects getting crossed off my list and I feel an incredible amount of satisfaction.
But it won’t pay my bills.
Too bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment